In this episode, Christina Martini and Laleh Hancock discuss:
- What is at stake for people who lose their voice and the symptoms of losing one’s voice.
- Tools for being your own best advocate.
- The top 5 tips for getting words flowing in difficult situations.
- The power in nurturing your body and listening to what it is telling you.
- The more you hold back from speaking up at work, the more you lose your voice in other aspects of your life as well.
- Be willing to share and be heard with no agenda and it will be received differently by others than if you go in defensively.
- Trust your knowing, trust your awareness and allow that awareness to assist you in making better decisions.
- Nurture your bodies. Your willingness to nurture yourself will assist your creativity.
“When you stop mimicking, you’ll realize there’s this authentic you. And when you’re being authentic, and you’re not trying to mimic anybody else, people actually listen to you longer.” — Laleh Hancock
About Laleh Hancock: Laleh Alemzadeh-Hancock is a leadership and entrepreneurial coach, professional services consultant, personal wellness mentor, and founder and CEO of global professional services company, Belapemo.
Laleh boasts 30 years’ experience in operational excellence, change management and business consulting, and has inspired and empowered thousands of individuals including Fortune 500 executives, government agencies, non-profit organizations, athletes and veterans.
A highly respected executive and leadership coach, Laleh has a particular interest in supporting and encouraging the leadership capabilities of women – in business, in the workplace, at home and in the wider community. She is featured alongside luminaries such as Oprah Winfrey, Melinda Gates, and Ginni Rometty in the 2019 publication, America’s Leading Ladies: Stories of courage, challenge and triumph.
Connect with Laleh Hancock:
LinkedIn: Laleh Alemzadeh Hancock
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.