In this episode, Christina Martini and David Susler discuss:
- The relationships David has with the owners and c-suite of the company as general counsel.
- Building relationships with in-house co-workers and outside partnerships.
- Tips for successful relationships with outside counsel.
- David’s advice for all listeners.
- Keep your conscious clear and the sleepless nights are more likely to stay away.
- Top qualities of outside counsel: responsiveness, quality of work, taking time to understand company and business, willingness to work with GC.
- Always strive to continue to grow your skill set and progress in your field.
- Get involved – in bar associations, in not for profits, in any way you can.
“Get to the advice you want to give by asking questions that demonstrate you understand my business and give me alternatives.” — David Susler
About David Susler: David is Associate General Counsel of National Material LP. An attorney with 30 years’ experience in both private practice and as in-house attorney, David provides an insightful and valuable perspective on what it means to be both an effective legal partner and trusted advisor.
Connect with David Susler:
LinkedIn: David Susler
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.