In this episode, Christina Martini and Libby Benet discuss:
- Areas of cybersecurity that need to be evaluated by organizations.
- What business leaders and employees can do to get more information on cyber security threats.
- Where to go to get a cybersecurity evaluation.
- Navigating through finding materials online.
- Key Takeaways:
- There are different types of evaluations of cybersecurity with different questions and tools depending on the purpose.
- Powering down your computer can help prevent your computer from causing a breach or being affected by a breach.
- Have a cyber response protocol in place.
- Prevention is key. The costs associated with no having prevention in place are high.
“The topic, the whole area of cybersecurity, is really an ecosystem. Different companies have different levels of maturity.” — Libby Benet
About Libby Benet: Libby is currently the President of Cyber Secure Work Inc., a cybersecurity, privacy and insurance consulting practice located in Maryland. She has been in the insurance and reinsurance industry for over 30 years. Libby spent time at Beazley Insurance Group as the US Lead Treaty Underwriter for specialty lines products including cyber liability. Prior to that, she held various senior treaty underwriting positions managing professional lines, employment practices and cyber liability with General Reinsurance Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company. She has also worked for Zurich in primary underwriting of various property and casualty products. In the mid 1990’s, Ms. Benet became a licensed Maryland Attorney and worked in private practice. She served as Chair of the Emerging Issues Committee of the Torts and Insurance Practice section of the ABA. She is a member of the Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Board of Directors. Through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Libby is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP US) and certified as a Privacy Information Manager (CIPM).
“Into the Web of Profit. Understanding the Growth of the Cyber Crime Economy” – Dr. Michael McGuire
Cost of a Data Breach Study – IBM Security Report
Cybersecurity Framework – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Connect with Libby Benet:
Email: LBenet@Assured.Enterprises & LBenet@CyberSecureWork.com
LinkedIn: Libby Benet
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.