In this episode, Christina Martini and Amii Barnard-Bahn discuss:
- How Amii’s Promotability Index can help you in your workplace as well as individually.
- The five key elements of promotability (and what you can do at any stage of your career).
- Creating a culture of consistent promotability within your company.
- The importance of mentors and allyship.
- There is a way to give feedback that is effective, and where people can hear you.
- Good presentation skills can be learned by anyone, you just have to practice.
- It is important to invest in relationships and understand how you are perceived and your impact on those in your team and in the leadership.
- If you don’t have a good boss that is giving you the feedback you need, you can try and get it from the other people.
“Companies, especially if they want to be diverse and inclusive, need to be able to articulate to employees who are promoted or not promoted, how to get there, and what they’re missing.” — Amii Barnard-Bahn
About Amii Barnard-Bahn: Amii is an executive coach, strategic advisor and keynote speaker who specializes in accelerating the success of compliance and legal executives. A former Fortune Global 50 exec, her clients include Adobe, Gap, Chegg, Lyft, Bank of the West, Boehringer Ingelheim, and The Nature Conservancy.
Amii previously shaped company culture and strategic initiatives as an executive (CAO, Chief Compliance Officer, CHRO) at companies such as McKesson and Allianz.
She has been described by Forbes as “one of the top coaches for legal and compliance executives.”
Amii earned her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and her BA in English from Tufts and is an active member of the California State Bar. A leadership columnist for Compliance Week and Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Coaching, she is a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and the University of San Diego School of Business; has spoken to the alumni associations of Georgetown and Tufts University, and presents frequently to associations such as The Conference Board and SHRM affiliates. She has been quoted in publications such as The San Francisco Chronicle, NBC’s KCRA-TV, and various other regional and national business publications.
A lifelong diversity advocate, Amii testified in multiple legislative committees on the successful passage of California’s SB826, the first law in the U.S. requiring corporate boards to include women.
Connect with Amii Barnard-Bahn:
Get Amii’s Promotability Index now!
It’s an insightful leadership tool – a self-assessment to help leaders assess where they stack up against the 5 elements of promotability.
Text PROMOTEME to 44222 to get the Promotability Index
Or click on bit.ly/promotelegal
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.