In this episode, Christina Martini and Amii Barnard-Bahn discuss:
- The impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting individuals and businesses and the roles leaders play at this critical juncture.
- The transitions, fluctuations, and shifts that are happening in the current environment for employees and leaders.
- What great leadership looks like to external stakeholders.
- Have a decision-making model that is focused on the long term. Don’t allow fear to control the decision-making process.
- Now, more than ever, it is important to check in with your employees and make sure that nobody is falling into a void and is still understanding their purpose and feeling safe.
- Think about sustainability of success, not just short term survival. Don’t take bad short cuts that could hurt your business later.
- Act from a place of strength and cultivate your leadership presence.
“Great leadership, right now, looks like safety and it looks like purpose.” — Amii Barnard-Bahn
About Amii Barnard-Bahn: Amii is an executive coach, strategic advisor and keynote speaker who specializes in accelerating the success of compliance and legal executives. A former Fortune Global 50 exec, her clients include Adobe, Gap, Chegg, Lyft, Bank of the West, Boehringer Ingelheim, and The Nature Conservancy.
Amii previously shaped company culture and strategic initiatives as an executive (CAO, Chief Compliance Officer, CHRO) at companies such as McKesson and Allianz.
She has been described by Forbes as “one of the top coaches for legal and compliance executives.”
Amii earned her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and her BA in English from Tufts and is an active member of the California State Bar. A leadership columnist for Compliance Week and Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Coaching, she is a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and the University of San Diego School of Business; has spoken to the alumni associations of Georgetown and Tufts University, and presents frequently to associations such as The Conference Board and SHRM affiliates. She has been quoted in publications such as The San Francisco Chronicle, NBC’s KCRA-TV, and various other regional and national business publications.
A lifelong diversity advocate, Amii testified in multiple legislative committees on the successful passage of California’s SB826, the first law in the U.S. requiring corporate boards to include women.
Connect with Amii Barnard-Bahn:
Facebook: Barnard-Bahn Coaching & Consulting
LinkedIn: Amii Barnard-Bahn, JD
Get Amii’s Promotability Index now!
It’s an insightful leadership tool – a self-assessment to help leaders assess where they stack up against the 5 elements of promotability.
Text PROMOTEME to 44222 to get the Promotability Index
Or click on bit.ly/promotelegal
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.