In this episode, Christina Martini and Amii Barnard-Bahn discuss:
- Becoming aware and creating coping strategies of your personal derailers.
- Assessing your career in a time of uncertainty and what to focus on during your self-assessments.
- Pivoting, developing, and growing through the journey to creating the life you love.
- When to enlist an executive coach to improve your professional career.
- You have to make a shift – what got you to where you are will not get you to where you want to be.
- You may not be able to move into where you want to be tomorrow, but you can start taking steps today.
- Continue to develop relationships and connect with people, even during this uncertain time.
- Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. Now is the time to prepare.
“I would recommend to everyone, periodically in your career, pause, step back, and take a 50,000 foot view of where you have been, where you are going, what you have learned, and what patterns begin to emerge around the decisions you’ve made, both good and bad. Try to see what excites you.” — Amii Barnard-Bahn
About Amii Barnard-Bahn: Amii is an executive coach, strategic advisor and keynote speaker who specializes in accelerating the success of compliance and legal executives. A former Fortune Global 50 exec, her clients include Adobe, Gap, Chegg, Lyft, Bank of the West, Boehringer Ingelheim, and The Nature Conservancy.
Amii previously shaped company culture and strategic initiatives as an executive (CAO, Chief Compliance Officer, CHRO) at companies such as McKesson and Allianz.
She has been described by Forbes as “one of the top coaches for legal and compliance executives.”
Amii earned her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and her BA in English from Tufts and is an active member of the California State Bar. A leadership columnist for Compliance Week and Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Coaching, she is a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and the University of San Diego School of Business; has spoken to the alumni associations of Georgetown and Tufts University, and presents frequently to associations such as The Conference Board and SHRM affiliates. She has been quoted in publications such as The San Francisco Chronicle, NBC’s KCRA-TV, and various other regional and national business publications.
A lifelong diversity advocate, Amii testified in multiple legislative committees on the successful passage of California’s SB826, the first law in the U.S. requiring corporate boards to include women.
Connect with Amii Barnard-Bahn:
Facebook: Barnard-Bahn Coaching & Consulting
LinkedIn: Amii Barnard-Bahn, JD
Get Amii’s Promotability Index now!
It’s an insightful leadership tool – a self-assessment to help leaders assess where they stack up against the 5 elements of promotability.
Text PROMOTEME to 44222 to get the Promotability Index
Or click on bit.ly/promotelegal
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.