In this episode, Christina Martini and Pat Milhizer discuss:
- Hardball questions and crisis communication.
- Navigating tricky waters with customers and the media.
- Developing relationships with reporters and other news outlets.
- Repurposing social media for other opportunities.
- You should take a holistic approach to everything, especially a crisis, to not just cope with the crisis, but also to find clarity and answers.
- Having a personal approach, where you’re not being too combative, can often work best when working with reporters.
- You make your own luck – pick the right spot and be ready for any opportunity to get in front of the public.
- Never say (or write) something to a reporter that you wouldn’t want to see on the front page of the newspaper.
“If you want good press, you’ve got to make time for your PR reps.” — Pat Milhizer
Connect with Pat Milhizer:
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.