In this episode, Christina Martini and Pat Milhizer discuss:
- The art of media relations.
- Controlling the elements of the pitch to get the story that you want.
- The relationship between risk and control.
- The crucial role of preparation in media relations.
- Your experience is your strength. Those things that you have seen and experienced as you grow in your professional career are what give you strength now.
- The only people who control the media are those who work in the media.
- You have news the audience wants. The audience wants to hear good things.
- Skipping prep can spark regret. It is worth the 30 minute practice to keep the positive event positive.
“We have to do the small things right, or the big things won’t matter.” — Pat Milhizer
Connect with Pat Milhizer:
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.