In this episode, Christina Martini and Yonason Goldson discuss:
- The crisis of ethics facing the world today.
- Treating others fairly without unreasonable expectations.
- The onset of COVID and how it has added to Yonason’s message personally and professionally.
- Supporting and lifting one another through struggles and life.
- Earning trust before demanding trust.
- When it comes to ethics, the first place to start is with ourselves.
- There have to be consequences and uncomfortable conversations when performance does not meet standards, however, there should be incentives for good behavior, not just punishment for bad behavior.
- We are all having different challenges – we need to find ways that we can lift and support one another.
- Let others speak, hear their points of view, and ideas will often emerge from unlikely sources or people who would not have been heard otherwise.
“If employers would say to their employees, ‘Listen, we understand this is difficult. We want to support you as much as possible. We need you to take more responsibility for yourselves. And we’re going to trust you to do that until we have a reason not to.’ Well, when you speak to people that way, it tends to encourage them to hold themselves more accountable.” — Yonason Goldson
About Yonason Goldson: Yonason Goldson is director of Ethical Imperatives, LLC, teaching leaders how good ethics is good business and the benefits of intellectual diversity. He’s a keynote speaker, TEDx presenter, and community rabbi, as well as a repentant hitchhiker, recovered circumnavigator, former newspaper columnist, and retired high school teacher in St. Louis. He’s authored hundreds of articles applying ancient wisdom to the challenges of the modern world, and five books including “Fix Your Broken Windows: a 12-step program for promoting ethical affluence” and “Proverbial Beauty: secrets for success and happiness from the wisdom of the ages.”
Connect with Yonason Goldson:
Books: YonasonGoldson.com/Books – Grappling with the Gray and More!
TedxTalk: How I Became My Own Worst Nightmare – youtube.com/watch?v=zbKSSK-OedQ
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.