In this episode, Christina Martini and Megan Belcher discuss:
- Megan’s practice when she was in BigLaw and her journey to the General Counsel’s office.
- How the General Counsel’s role has evolved during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Creating a fulfilling, rewarding career, while staying on a positive, forward-moving trajectory.
- If you are willing to make the investment, you can achieve your dreams.
- Growth is difficult and uncomfortable, but that is where your best career opportunities and learning experiences will come from.
- Thriving as a general counsel requires a lot of agility, personal growth, stretching yourself and hard work, which will be rewarding for your career long term.
- Self-awareness and authenticity are key to a successful career.
“Trust, especially in the lawyer-client relationship, is essential. And, even more importantly, when you’re in-house and looking to maximize your impact with the smallest amount of resources possible, it’s so critically important because that trust enables you to move with significantly more speed and to leverage your resources in the best way possible.” — Megan Belcher
Connect with Megan Belcher:
LinkedIn: Megan Belcher
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.