In this episode, Christina Martini and Debbie Vyskocil discuss:
- The impact of personal stress on your team.
- Moving past the stigma of asking for help.
- High-performance coaching of the brain.
- Scheduling self-care or tying it to something that is already a habit.
- It’s a matter of being happy and better, not just being fine. Asking for help to get there is going to make things so much better.
- Resiliency is one of the greatest strengths that a person can have.
- The way we talk to ourselves is incredibly important. You would never talk to a family member or business partner in the same way you talk to yourself.
- Finding the tools that work best for you and turning those into habits will help get your brain to an optimal place and be able to bounce back to that place when things get stressful.
“Duke University just recently came out with some data showing that just silence develops new cells in your hippocampus…They’re showing that the brain functions better when you just take a couple of minutes of silence in the middle of your day. But how many of us do that?” — Debbie Vyskocil
About Debbie Vyskocil: Debbie Vyskocil leverages her expertise in neuroscience to coach audiences and clients to reach peak levels of achievement. With a focus on productivity and creativity, she delivers an understanding of how neuroscience can enhance performance for leadership and their teams.
Coaching protocols at Optimal Edge Performance are all based in brain science, specifically live EEG and instantaneous data collected from the autonomic nervous system enabling clients to take their unique performance to their highest level. Through experiential exercises and storytelling, she offers audiences multiple solutions to strengthen performance skills, including resilience, collaboration, discipline, focus, innovation and self-compassion.
Debbie has an electrical engineering background, a psychology degree, extensive neuroscience training and is board certified by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance. Her unique combination of science and emotional acumen led her to work with some of the business world’s highest performers. Debbie shares her expertise as a TEDx speaker, disruptHR innovator and writer for the Naval Institute publication, Proceedings, and the online publishing platforms, Medium and ThriveGlobal. Most recently Debbie is a founder of EDGE Women Speakers.
Follow Debbie and take advantage of her complimentary Brain Pause™ Moments:
Facebook: Optimal Edge Performance
LinkedIn: Debbie Vyskocil
Sign up for Brain Pause™ emails that come out 3x each week at: Train@Optimal-EP.com
Learn More about Debbie’s Brain Pause™ Sessions at: Optimal-EP.com/BrainPause
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.