In this episode, Christina Martini and Debbie Vyskocil discuss:
- How to help heal ourselves with our minds.
- What biofeedback is and how the data collected enables you to take your performance to your highest level.
- Debbie’s switch from engineering to coaching with an expertise that is based in neuroscience.
- Stress and resilience and our relationship with sleep.
- It is about repetitive learning, the more you fire what you want to, your brain will start to hardwire itself that way.
- A high performing brain is about a brain that is balanced. You have control.
- Having your head in the right space is key in everyday life as well as in high stress situations.
- Sleep is critical for your well being in every aspect of your life. 7-9 hours of sleep for an adult is key to function.
“Our brain cleans all the extra gunk out of it during the night. All those extra residual things that are happening in our brain that we don’t need are cleaned out at night. We need to be able to have that sleep time just to be able to get rid of that.” — Debbie Vyskocil
About Debbie Vyskocil: Debbie Vyskocil leverages her expertise in neuroscience to coach audiences and clients to reach peak levels of achievement. With a focus on productivity and creativity, she delivers an understanding of how neuroscience can enhance performance for leadership and their teams.
Coaching protocols at Optimal Edge Performance are all based in brain science, specifically live EEG and instantaneous data collected from the autonomic nervous system enabling clients to take their unique performance to their highest level. Through experiential exercises and storytelling, she offers audiences multiple solutions to strengthen performance skills, including resilience, collaboration, discipline, focus, innovation and self-compassion.
Debbie has an electrical engineering background, a psychology degree, extensive neuroscience training and is board certified by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance. Her unique combination of science and emotional acumen led her to work with some of the business world’s highest performers. Debbie shares her expertise as a TEDx speaker, disruptHR innovator and writer for the Naval Institute publication, Proceedings, and the online publishing platforms, Medium and ThriveGlobal. Most recently Debbie is a founder of EDGE Women Speakers.
Follow Debbie and take advantage of her complimentary Brain Pause™ Moments:
Facebook: Optimal Edge Performance
LinkedIn: Debbie Vyskocil
Sign up for Brain Pause™ emails that come out 3x each week at: Train@Optimal-EP.com
Learn More about Debbie’s Brain Pause™ Sessions at: Optimal-EP.com/BrainPause
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.