In this episode, Christina Martini and Sonya Sigler discuss:
- Sonya’s journey to becoming a lawyer and what she learned and accomplished along the way.
- Her work with mentoring and empowering women.
- The importance of having important role models.
- The need to be authentic, have an open mind and mentality of inclusivity.
- Sometimes you get to where you are meant to go by knowing what not to do.
- There is a time and place for formal mentoring, but sometimes the most valuable mentorship can happen more organically.
- Don’t dismiss men as role models or mentors.
- Reach out to someone you admire, let them know why you admire them, and ask them questions, you might just form a mentoring relationship that way.
“We’re all in this together and we have to support each other. You can’t just succeed as a woman leader just by yourself or with the help of other women; it’s going to involve men and women. Cultivating that support wherever it is, from a man, or a woman, or a well rounded group of people, is really important to keep in mind.” — Sonya Sigler
Connect with Sonya Sigler:
Facebook: Worthwhile Coaching
LinkedIn: Sonya Sigler
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.