In this episode, Christina Martini and Erin Wilson discuss:
- Relationships and interactions with C-Suite and the board.
- The power of clear, intentional communication.
- The similarities between being a GC and being the lead singer in a rock band.
- Working with outside counsel for an alignment of goals.
- You have to recognize the communication styles of those you work with and know your audience.
- There will be times you have to say “I don’t know, but I will find out for you.”
- There are nuances to what different outside counsels can offer. Be willing to shop around to find the right fit for your company and needs.
- Be as forthright as you can, but be a human being.
“There are times you must trust your gut – you’ve got to go with the internal. If something’s telling you it’s not right, look into it. Keep checking.” — Erin Wilson
Connect with Erin Wilson:
LinkedIn: Erin Wilson
Professional Bio: Erin Wilson
Music Album: Kungle Bungle
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.