In this episode, Christina Martini and Dave Kenney discuss:
- How nutrition impacts the brain and overall well-being.
- The work that is being done at Emergo Recovery and how it has evolved.
- Gaining a competitive advantage with a brain-healthy culture.
- Neuroplasticity and how it factors into brain health.
- Technology rewires and changes the brain – it can overwhelm the brain.
- You are what you eat.
- As a leader, invest in yourself and in your people – we are all in performance industries, so help your people to perform.
- Depression is in the past; anxiety is in the future; mindfulness is in the present.
“Adopting a Paleo lifestyle really enhances brain function and overall health, well-being, and happiness.” — Dave Kenney
About Dave Kenney: Dave is the Co-Founder and Executive Director at Emergo Recovery, a private, residential recovery and wellness center focused on a brain-first approach specializing in Actualized Recovery®. Dave has dedicated his extensive career to helping individuals reclaim their life after struggles with addictions, anxiety, depression and other debilitating challenges.
With over thirty years of experience in the field of human development, Dave pioneered Actualized Recovery®, an integrative brain-first approach to lasting recovery. This proprietary methodology focuses on optimizing neurological function while integrating biological, psychological, spiritual, social and lifestyle changes to create lasting recovery and wellbeing.
Dave is a PhD candidate in philosophy at Canterbury University focusing on neuroscience and psychology, and holds a master’s degree in education from Northwestern State University. He is also a certified Brain Health Coach through the Amen Clinics, a master’s certified Brainwave Optimization Technician, a certified Life Coach, and has certification in Self-Management for Addiction Recovery (SMART Recovery) and as a Recovery Coach (CCAR). Additionally, Dave is a member of both the Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Connect with Dave on LinkedIn, to learn more about Emergo Recovery, please visit emergorecovery.com.
Connect with Dave Kenney:
LinkedIn: Dave Kenney
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.