In this episode, Christina Martini and Dave Kenney discuss:
- Dave’s career journey and his neuroscience and psychology studies.
- The importance of brain health – not just mental health – on your well-being and leadership success.
- The impacts of stress, anxiety, and depression on brain health and what leaders need to know about brain health.
- You have to have a brain first approach to your health in all respects, including food, sleep, and physical activity.
- While some stress may be productive, there is a point where it becomes counterproductive.
- Once sleep is lost, it cannot be regained.
- You can always have a younger brain if you commit to it.
“Brain drives behavior…it is critical that we talk about brain health and we implement that in self-care and in a leadership capacity to help others.” — Dave Kenney
About Dave Kenney: Dave is the Co-Founder and Executive Director at Emergo Recovery, a private, residential recovery and wellness center focused on a brain-first approach specializing in Actualized Recovery®. Dave has dedicated his extensive career to helping individuals reclaim their life after struggles with addictions, anxiety, depression and other debilitating challenges.
With over thirty years of experience in the field of human development, Dave pioneered Actualized Recovery®, an integrative brain-first approach to lasting recovery. This proprietary methodology focuses on optimizing neurological function while integrating biological, psychological, spiritual, social and lifestyle changes to create lasting recovery and wellbeing.
Dave is a PhD candidate in philosophy at Canterbury University focusing on neuroscience and psychology, and holds a master’s degree in education from Northwestern State University. He is also a certified Brain Health Coach through the Amen Clinics, a master’s certified Brainwave Optimization Technician, a certified Life Coach, and has certification in Self-Management for Addiction Recovery (SMART Recovery) and as a Recovery Coach (CCAR). Additionally, Dave is a member of both the Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Connect with Dave on LinkedIn, to learn more about Emergo Recovery, please visit emergorecovery.com.
Connect with Dave Kenney:
LinkedIn: Dave Kenney
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.