In this episode, Christina Martini and Steve Fretzin discuss:
- The evolution of business development in the law.
- Business development for job security.
- The 3 Ps of business development – planning, process, and performance improvement.
- The power in cross marketing.
- What lawyers need to do now to keep a pipeline of work is very different than what had to be done in the past.
- Attorneys need to be strategic and work on their business development pipeline now to ensure success when times get tough.
- Cross marketing is low hanging fruit – current clients are gold, particularly with regard to all of the different practice areas across which you can service them.
- Evaluate your current situation to identify where the true opportunities are, and then plan accordingly.
“You have to keep your radar up because the next best thing could be right in front of you – you just have to be ready for it.” — Steve Fretzin
About Steve Fretzin: Steve Fretzin is the President of FRETZIN, Inc. a legal business development and marketing company founded in 2004. He was driven into the legal industry during the recession of 2008 when attorneys began calling him for help. While not an attorney himself, Steve has worked with thousands of attorneys in most practice areas. Steve is 100% committed to his clients’ success and works diligently each day to ensure they are achieving their goals of financial and personal freedom.
In addition to publishing “Sales-Free Selling” and “The Attorney’s Networking Handbook,” Steve has been featured in Crains, The Chicago Tribune, WGN radio, NBC news and is a regular monthly columnist for the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.