In this episode, Christina Martini and Char Dalton discuss:
- Char’s professional journey and what she does now with SEKO.
- Responsibilities she has as General Counsel and being part of the business decisions at SEKO.
- The most rewarding and challenging experiences she has had in her career.
- The importance of constant communication between the legal team and business executives.
- The day-to-day as General Counsel can change and evolve as the company changes and evolves.
- The global aspect of SEKO brings additional rewards and challenges every day.
- Everything boils down to risk and opportunity assessment. You can’t always just be risk-averse.
- Being authentically yourself is extremely important.
“Looking back, I can’t imagine working in any other environment apart from being in-house in a company, shoulder-to-shoulder with the business team handling some of the day-to-day decisions and challenges that we have here.” — Char Dalton
About Char Dalton: Char Dalton is currently General Counsel, Vice President with responsibilities that include Human Resources, Compliance, Contracts Litigation, Corporate Governance and other legal affairs for the organization. Ms. Dalton joined SEKO after working as General Legal Counsel at NNR Global Logistics for 5 years and has international legal experience working for BGC Partners in the U.K. Char received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Michigan and graduated with her J.D. from Wayne State University.
Connect with Char Dalton:
LinkedIn: Char Dalton
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.