In this episode, Christina Martini and Ava Diamond discuss:
- How to reduce chronic stress and addressing the causes of chronic stress.
- What mental fitness is and how to practice it.
- How nutrition impacts our ability to work with and get past chronic stress.
- The impact of age on chronic stress for men and women.
- Consider quality versus quantity over a week or even a month with work-life balance.
- Words and experiences have imprinted automatic associations in our brains. By changing our language, we can moderate the knee-jerk reactions we have to those associations.
- What you eat affects how your brain and hormones function to assist with decreasing chronic stress or promote chronic stress.
- Nutritional deficits have the same symptoms as depression.
- Hormone management is an important piece of taking care of your brain, taking care of your stress, and staying vital and thriving in your career.
“The way we eat and nourish our brain will help to either reduce or increase chronic stress brain because it is hormone driven.” — Ava Diamond
About Ava Diamond: Ava Diamond earned her Masters in Clinical Social Work from Columbia University over 25 years ago. Since then, she has combined her entrepreneurial approach with continued higher education, decades of clinical experience learning about and treating addiction and trauma, and many years (in her 40’s and 50’s) of training and competing at the Pro level in fitness to create Diamond Mind Strategies: Mental Fitness & Nutritional Psychology Coaching. Her work has been utilized by our US Military, taught at Yale Univ School of Medicine, with Pro Athletes, CEO’s, and law firms. In response to the heightened awareness of the disproportionate numbers of lawyers struggling with depression, anxiety, and addiction, Ava has turned her focus to educating and supporting lawyers about the practical ways they can reduce chronic stress and optimize their brains and bodies for lasting success and wellness.
Ava believes so strongly that Mental Fitness & Nutritional Psychology are the strategies that will work for almost everyone to manage stress, that she is giving you this introduction just for listening today.
Connect with Ava Diamond:
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.