In this episode, Christina Martini and Ava Diamond discuss:
- Ava’s personal and professional journey to creating Diamond Mind Strategies.
- Mastering mind and body to achieve your life goals.
- Symptoms and consequences of chronic stress.
- How to know if you are under chronic stress.
- It is more complicated than simply work-life balance. Workplace wellness is also a key factor.
- Start with brain optimization to lay the foundation to receive and precipitate positive change.
- When you are dealing with a lot of emotional and personally sensitive issues, you can very easily experience vicarious trauma through your work.
- We all experience stress. Not all stress is bad. Stress at particular moments can help us rise up and perform better.
“When we go into stress brain, the brain is on alert and it shuts down unnecessary thinking, so to speak, in order to just make sure we survive. And we want to thrive, not just survive. The thriving part can only happen when we’re not in a chronic stress condition.” — Ava Diamond
About Ava Diamond: Ava Diamond earned her Masters in Clinical Social Work from Columbia University over 25 years ago. Since then, she has combined her entrepreneurial approach with continued higher education, decades of clinical experience learning about and treating addiction and trauma, and many years (in her 40’s and 50’s) of training and competing at the Pro level in fitness to create Diamond Mind Strategies: Mental Fitness & Nutritional Psychology Coaching. Her work has been utilized by our US Military, taught at Yale Univ School of Medicine, with Pro Athletes, CEO’s, and law firms. In response to the heightened awareness of the disproportionate numbers of lawyers struggling with depression, anxiety, and addiction, Ava has turned her focus to educating and supporting lawyers about the practical ways they can reduce chronic stress and optimize their brains and bodies for lasting success and wellness.
Ava believes so strongly that Mental Fitness & Nutritional Psychology are the strategies that will work for almost everyone to manage stress, that she is giving you this introduction just for listening today.
Connect with Ava Diamond:
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.