In this episode, Christina Martini discusses:
- The likeability factor and the reality and fiction of likeability.
- The relationship between gravitas and how it is applied in the business world.
- The different components of gravitas and how we are able to use that to serve the greater good and maintain our credibility.
- Everyone can take steps in developing and harnessing gravitas and likeability.
- Trustworthiness, credibility and predictability are all critical ingredients of being likable.
- There is a level of assertiveness and self-assuredness which go hand in hand with gravitas, and these are inextricably linked with our posture, body language and level of engagement when interacting with others.
- Being a great communicator means we are able to take our knowledge and insight and successfully and passionately convey them to others in an inspiring way.
- We all would benefit greatly by focusing on both our likability as well as our gravitas.
“Gravitas is not just for politicians, newscasters and the C-suite anymore. It has become increasingly important for all professionals, and lawyers in particular. Having gravitas helps to inspire the trust, confidence, and peace of mind of clients.” — Christina Martini
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.