In this episode, Christina Martini and Mona Vogele discuss:
- Mona’s background and the work that she has done over the course of her career.
- The top three significant challenges that leaders are facing today.
- What to look for when hiring new members for your team.
- How the rhythm of music is like the rhythm of leadership.
- Be serious about getting feedback and be serious about following feedback.
- Creating a connection, a relationship, between leaders and teams and customers is paramount.
- Hire people who are right for your team, even if that means hiring someone who is different from you.
- Leadership isn’t hard, it just takes time, dedication, and heart.
“Too many leaders are overly focused on the operational side of the business, and not enough on the people side…Without the people, there is no operation.” — Mona Vogele
About Mona Vogele: Mona Vogele is a classically trained musician, former radio DJ, and veteran leader and trainer from Southwest Airlines with 20+ years of leadership and training experience. She understands the art of building an epic leadership team and what it takes behind the curtain to retain that top talent year after year. Mona’s speaking engagements and teachings ring with the fervent message that success isn’t just about spearheading an operation – it’s about a genuine connection with your people
Because you first have to strike a chord before you can lead a march.
Relationship – to our work and each other – is the ultimate fundamental. To neglect its importance implies a strange expectation that you can pack the house and then bring it down with an incredible performance without rehearsal, sound check, and knowing your band.
Influential leaders understand who needs a bass drum and who needs a snare. They grasp who’s off pitch and why. They dare to take their team upward to glass shattering octaves. Mona’s work teaches leaders to hear, discern, and inspire. Because those who possess such gifts earn their freedom and the trust of others to fine-tune where necessary.
And in doing so, they don’t just create harmony. They completely rewrite the score.
Connect with Mona Vogele:
Facebook: Mona Vogele
LinkedIn: Mona Vogele
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.