In this episode, Christina Martini and Char Dalton discuss:
- Char’s relationships as GC with members of the board and C-Suite.
- The importance of trust in relationships.
- The relationship between in-house and outside counsel.
- Both GC and outside counsel need to be on the same page as to where the business is going.
- Be transparent about fees and budget discussions between business and outside counsel.
- Always be prepared.
“If you don’t have the layer of trust with your teammates, with the C-Suite, then you’re not having constructive discord. Without having some sort of debate, that is healthy, that challenges each other, then there is a dysfunction on the team. Having that level of trust is really fundamental.” — Char Dalton
About Char Dalton: Char Dalton is currently General Counsel, Vice President with responsibilities that include Human Resources, Compliance, Contracts Litigation, Corporate Governance and other legal affairs for the organization. Ms. Dalton joined SEKO after working as General Legal Counsel at NNR Global Logistics for 5 years and has international legal experience working for BGC Partners in the U.K. Char received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Michigan and graduated with her J.D. from Wayne State University.
Connect with Char Dalton:
LinkedIn: Char Dalton
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.